Harem Collector (RPG MAker VX Ace)- Updated 13/02/2019

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Harem Collector (RPG MAker VX Ace)

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:03 pm

Darthan Wrote:It seems odd that you can rest in your bed in the bakery and restore your health but you cannot rest in your bed in your estate or in the condo. You may want to change that. It would also be nice if resting advanced time since right now it seems the only way to do so right now is by completing quests, certain events, or the timeturner.

Oh right, this, I meant to say essentially what Darthan said about HP and time-advancement too and I totally forgot D : .
Lucky777

Postby NoMoshing » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Okay, a few quick responses.

Darthan Wrote:There a a couple of places that the "Hero" is using the wrong portrait. The only one that I can remember right now is when you select any of the upgrade/gratification options when you have already purchased all of them.
There were a few places that Meline is using the wrong portrait, can't remember those so will need to update when I get to those parts. The entire intro has her using the incorrect portrait and sprite. Kinda surprised no one has pointed this out yet.

One of the super helpful guys on the Hongfire thread sent me a systematic list of everywhere in the game the wrong portraits appears, based on a text search of the game's code. So, expect that to be fixed for the August release.

It is impossible to get the info about which room is the guard captain's, thus making it difficult to blackmail him, because you forgot to set the self switch a is on condition in the second page of the janitor's event so he will only say that he didn't see you.
You cannot collect Alina's second level of gifts because you set the priority to below character instead of same as character.

Both of these will be fixed for the next release.

It seems odd that you can rest in your bed in the bakery and restore your health but you cannot rest in your bed in your estate or in the condo. You may want to change that. It would also be nice if resting advanced time since right now it seems the only way to do so right now is by completing quests, certain events, or the timeturner.

Every time you enter or exit your manor (I forget which) fully restores your party, same for the condo in Eastfort. Time is meant to be something of a limited resource in the final version, which is why you can't advance time at will. Otherwise, you'd be ablke to easily generate infinite money off your investments.

Do you plan on making a way that you can get Larelle to willing join you if you get her submission high enough or is that just a way to have some fun with her?

Larelle joins the party after she gains seven points of submission. Although after the August release, my big project for September is to revamp the relationship system, which will change this.

How many girls can you currently add to your harem? I think I found them all but want to make sure.[/quote

Twelve harem girls can be found in the July 2013 version of the game. This will increase to 14 for the August release. Also, Felix isn't a harem girl but is a party member.

Do all of the girls have benefits to raising their affection or do only certain ones have benefits?

Right now only a few have benefits. I'm looking to revamp the whole relationship system soon, though, so expect that to change. Right now, there's only a point to increasing relationship for Elaiya, Alina, Penelope and Meline.
NoMoshing

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:58 pm

NoMoshing Wrote: Otherwise, you'd be ablke to easily generate infinite money off your investments.

Doesn't strike me as a problem, but hey, your videogame.
Lucky777

Postby Darthan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:42 am

NoMoshing Wrote:Every time you enter or exit your manor (I forget which) fully restores your party, same for the condo in Eastfort. Time is meant to be something of a limited resource in the final version, which is why you can't advance time at will. Otherwise, you'd be able to easily generate infinite money off your investments.

Makes sense.

NoMoshing Wrote:Larelle joins the party after she gains seven points of submission. Although after the August release, my big project for September is to revamp the relationship system, which will change this.

Didn't realize that the submission counter and the affection counter shared a variable, looked and noticed that once you mentioned it. You may want to separate those when you revamp the affection system.

NoMoshing Wrote:Right now only a few have benefits. I'm looking to revamp the whole relationship system soon, though, so expect that to change. Right now, there's only a point to increasing relationship for Elaiya, Alina, Penelope and Meline.

Something I would suggest with the revamp would be to put the affection system on a different timer than the investment system. The way it is right now you can easily miss stuff through the affection system if you don't do things in the correct order. To be honest I didn't even know about the affection system until after completing the game once and looking at the game in RPG Maker to see how you did things. (I do this when I can to learn how to do different things in RPG Maker.)
Darthan

Postby cookie jar » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:19 pm

I wanted to add something to your ideas about turning your game developement into a full time job using a business model based on online comics. Sorry that I'm a bit late with this, but my timetable was a bit crowded the past weeks.

Honestly, I don't think it would work. Or at least not particularly well.

Some of the problems have already been mentioned by others, like the problem of sex being a bit of a no go in many social environments. And this applies even more so for hentai and furthermore for hentai games.
This is just the most pressing point that would limit the purchase of merchandise from a game like yours.

There are some other things I'd like to point out. On your blog the "Chaotic Neutral, bitches!" quote for a coffee mug was mentioned as an example. I'm aware this was only an example, but it illustrates two additional problems you would encounter.
One would be "offensive language" which again is not entirely appreciated in many social circles, so we hit a bump along the lines of the general hentai problem.
The other: If I saw someone with a mug like that, I would never assume it to stem from your game. I would assume her/him to be a hardcore DnD fan.
A lot of the humor in your game for example is based on working with clichés. Anybody seeing merchandise of your game would think about the cliché and never even bother to investigate, where the particular merchandise comes from.
A part of the whole merchandise idea from webcomics is, that the merchandise in itself works as advertisement. Which in your case most of it probably wouldn't do.

Another factor is a psychological trap people would probably find themselves in with your game in comparison to a webcomic. A webcomic is an ongoing process, which feels like "we're going somewhere".
A vidoe game in developement is an ongoing process as well, but the associated feeling for most people is "only half done".
It's a variant of the cup half full/half empty problem. People feel more inclined towards half full and thus the support for "half full " will be better, even if you could manage to generate the same amount of interest popular webcomics get.
A finished vidoegame might have better chances in that respct, but a finished video game doesn't get that many site hits after people got the product unless you're constantly providing additional download content to integrate in the game. (A workaraound on that problem might be to create a wiki for the game and advertise the merchandise there. But I'm honestly not entirrely sure how well that would work.)

I had a third point, but my new fridge came halfway through the post, and I stupidly forgot somehow. Damn you, mesh brain... :( If I can remember what it was, I'll edit my post accordingly.
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby NoMoshing » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:10 am

The August 2013 Release is now live and public: http://www.mediafire.com/?7yj8na6z7jspl9e

It is very important if you are importing an old save that you speak to the demon in front of your manor before doing anything else!

As always, the full list of changes is listed on the blorg.
NoMoshing

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:24 am

Hey, i always like seeing images before I download a rpgm game. Could u put some screenshots on the blog?
Terrantor!!!

Postby NoMoshing » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Hey, i always like seeing images before I download a rpgm game. Could u put some screenshots on the blog?

That's not a bad idea, though it might be a while.
NoMoshing

Postby AllenAndArth » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:24 pm

both in the mansion and in the giants pass there's a bug that enemy's come back and events get trigged out of nowhere, like in the entrance of the mansion there's Necro-chan if you speak with her you get 5 of relationship and gets somehow transported to your room with the enemy's back
AllenAndArth

Postby NoMoshing » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:10 am

AllenAndArth Wrote:both in the mansion and in the giants pass there's a bug that enemy's come back and events get trigged out of nowhere, like in the entrance of the mansion there's Necro-chan if you speak with her you get 5 of relationship and gets somehow transported to your room with the enemy's back

Sounds like a problem with temporary switches, strange. There's been lots of weirdness thus far concerning the manor invasion, so please be patient.
NoMoshing

Postby NoMoshing » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:51 pm

New version with some game breakers fixed: http://www.mediafire.com/?3z6l0apzpl50kzy
NoMoshing

Postby yillsemkcuf » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:44 am

NoMoshing Wrote:As always, the full list of changes is listed on the blorg.

"Herobrine has been removed"
LOL
"A Pessimist is what an optimist calls a Realist."
yillsemkcuf

Postby Keegan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:07 am

I like the game it's a lot of fun. Right now I finished the quest through the trail up the moutian. Turns out I think I did all of the quests. I was trying to see what happens if you make the two girls submit to you enough while in the doungeon but run out of time and just collared them. couldn't get to the next day once all teh quests were done.
Keegan

Postby NoMoshing » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Keegan Wrote:I like the game it's a lot of fun. Right now I finished the quest through the trail up the moutian. Turns out I think I did all of the quests. I was trying to see what happens if you make the two girls submit to you enough while in the doungeon but run out of time and just collared them. couldn't get to the next day once all teh quests were done.

If you want, save in a new slot and open up the chest outside the sewers in the Northmarket Slums. One of the items there is a Timeturner which lets you advance time at will, and will let you interact with the dungeon girls some more.
NoMoshing

Postby NoMoshing » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:36 pm

New version, with more bugfixes: http://www.mediafire.com/?29kekkjo54bw9g9
NoMoshing

Postby dndman997 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:10 pm

says file blocked
dndman997

Postby NoMoshing » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:10 pm

Well, we all knew that Mediafire was only ever a temporary solution. Stayed tuned here or to the blog for more information as the situation develops.
NoMoshing

Postby crimsonkirie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:52 am

www.sendspace.com has noting in its terms about adult material.
crimsonkirie
Newly Registered

Postby NoMoshing » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:22 pm

NoMoshing

Postby Kuragari » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:53 am

QUESTION!!! What exactly is the demon/imp thing for? Also, I wanted to let you know of a potential bug/game-crasher. During the invasion of the Mansion, when I entered the slave quarters, I saw the bounty hunters face pop up with dialogue(but I hadn't gotten her yet). After beating the enemies there, the hero runs up to the slaves present and then the game froze...and crashed my computer. I had to do a manual shut down just to get it to cooperate.

EDIT: Also, I've done everything I believe except for whatever is going on with the Elves. Is there something I'm missing?
Kuragari

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects