[VX ACE] Conquest (complete game, but no cg yet)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [VX ACE] Conquest (complete game, but no cg yet)

Postby Giruuruk » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:43 pm

DarkJaqb Wrote:I have problem with Saint General mistress, as it was hinted in previous posts I went to mentioned location but there is nothing I can interact with...

... Was facing wrong direction and missed the spot...

Where do you look?
Assuming this is the room in the middle on the second floor of the Garrison (The one with the pink bed), I'm not sure where I should be looking at.
Giruuruk
Newly Registered

Postby DarkJaqb » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:31 am

I found the room and it's on the first floor, go right after entering garrison and then keep going down. Now I have problem I mentioned in my previous post no mistress option for last girl (I completed all 7 before starting attack on castle)
DarkJaqb
Newly Registered

Postby HohesHaus » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:26 am

hoboy Wrote:OK - time to chime in. I LIKE this game, as I do like grinding RPGs with a challenge. I would really like to see what scenes I have unlocked through the paths I have completed. I decided to follow the path of least resistance, and completed the orcs arc first (giving myself only sloppy seconds), then the Mistress path (I LIKE having Erika on the team - she is STRONG), but am having quite the issue following an Overlord path. With my orcs stuck at level 9 I am getting no strong hits from them. With me at level 19 (so far - do I grind Hell Hole 20 times or something?) I just can;t even get past the Dwarves Cave without eating through like a dozen Salvations, 20+ ea of first aid kits and orc drinks, plus full potions, etc. and STILL dying before the end. It seems I am starting most battles with less than 5 TP, and without this it is almost impossible. How do I increase luck or starting TP value? There's only one Dwarven trinket in play so far. Is this just about luck? Without a save point I am spending like an hour to get to the point where I have died 4 times so far, and am now giving up. Lucky777 - you've played on the Overlord path keeping all to yourself - how the hell without a cheat??? I can't at the next easier level...

Same problem here. Dwarfen princess kills me all the time
HohesHaus

Postby mrttao » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:26 am

You pretty much have to do goblins, then elves, then dwarves.
Leveling up gives you +1 atk and +1def per level. Each item upgrade gives you about +20. Orc items are worst, then there is the southern human town, then the goblins, then elves, then dwarves, then human capital. Each one has better and better equipment worth 20 levels up per step up.

You are NOT grinding for XP you are grinding for money... well ok not entirely true, the one worthwhile thing you get from levelup is extra HP which is important; oh and you unlock new abilities which is also good.

Besides all that, the dwarf princess is ridiculously strong. you have to use some sort of superior strategy with her.
mrttao

Postby hoboy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:28 am

OK - time to chime in. I LIKE this game, as I do like grinding RPGs with a challenge. I would really like to see what scenes I have unlocked through the paths I have completed. I decided to follow the path of least resistance, and completed the orcs arc first (giving myself only sloppy seconds), then the Mistress path (I LIKE having Erika on the team - she is STRONG), but am having quite the issue following an Overlord path. With my orcs stuck at level 9 I am getting no strong hits from them. With me at level 19 (so far - do I grind Hell Hole 20 times or something?) I just can;t even get past the Dwarves Cave without eating through like a dozen Salvations, 20+ ea of first aid kits and orc drinks, plus full potions, etc. and STILL dying before the end. It seems I am starting most battles with less than 5 TP, and without this it is almost impossible. How do I increase luck or starting TP value? There's only one Dwarven trinket in play so far. Is this just about luck? Without a save point I am spending like an hour to get to the point where I have died 4 times so far, and am now giving up. Lucky777 - you've played on the Overlord path keeping all to yourself - how the hell without a cheat??? I can't at the next easier level...
hoboy

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Sorry to disappoint you my friend, but the path I play is All SIDE-CHICKS for the overlord, and all MAIN chicks for the Orcs.
Orcs are bosses.
They deserve it.

I may or may not try the overlord path at some point, especially now that "Distract them" seems to be working properly (Good Job, by the way, STR... if it IS working properly).

But yeah ... there's no way I've played the Overlord path keeping all the chicks PERIOD for my Overlord.
It's true that I'll never leave a single one of them unraped.
But that doesn't mean my overlord will always have to be the one doing the raping.

Spoilers about the most epic fights

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Oh, and I forgot to mention, STR.
The Dwarf Princess and Dismounted Saint General fights are probably the most awesome ones in the game, especially the Saint General, just due to her pre-battle buffchants.
And I like to have my duders beat on the Epic Dwarf Princess for RP reasons even though she has some gay status effect on that stops her from taking damage.
The whole "day-night cycle" thing that the duellist has going, combined with her obvious prowess, are pretty cool too, but they don't affect me as much as the former two.
Those two are super-fucking baller determined, courageous and selfless heroes, it's great fun to beat and rape them.
Hmm, and the Brave Captain deserves at least an honourable mention.
Not QUITE as cool now that he can't miraculously perform a shield-bash without a shield, but hey, still far cooler than the Goblin King, at least.
Lucky777

Postby hoboy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Distract them does appear to work (thanks, STR). Only problem is getting the first hit in - and you can lose Bluk before it takes effect. God I hate having to start over again at that point...

All in all tho really like this - erikas twin blades Dusk and Dawn are awesome...
hoboy

Postby mrttao » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:56 pm

hoboy Wrote:Distract them does appear to work (thanks, STR). Only problem is getting the first hit in - and you can lose Bluk before it takes effect. God I hate having to start over again at that point...

All in all tho really like this - erikas twin blades Dusk and Dawn are awesome...

you should be aware that in RPG maker damage is (ATK-DEF)*constant
there is some randomness introduced somewhere in the equation, but the takeaway from this is that 50 atk vs 60 def will literally deal 0 damage even on a hit. And that going from 50 to 60 attack vs an enemy with 40 defense is actually a DOUBLING of your damage (damage used to be 10X, its now 20X)

Because of this, +atk and +def buffs are a must. When I fought her she could 1 hit kill my strongest tank... but she only killed one enemy a round. So I used buffs + distract them + recovery items. And then I killed her, even then I almost lost as she was overwhelming me a bit, but focus enough damage and she goes down.
mrttao

Postby hoboy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:44 pm

All understood, but it goes back to my earlier post - if you start with less than 5 TP you got nothing for a couple turns...EXCEPT using recovery items at the outset. Luck seems to determine your starting point for the battle...
hoboy

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:57 am

So I did another runthrough for the sidequests, conclusions:

"Cool, but where the fuck is the last orc sidequest? : o"

I like the orc sidequests, but I don't like the way they just rob you of one of your orcs without you being able to do anything about it besides complete the quest.
I'd ask for something more choice-based, but I have no idea what on earth to suggest, so leave 'em as is, I guess.
I never found the last orc sidequest, though.
You said you needed control of St Astha, and level 30 at least on the Orcs.
I have both of those things, level 36 orcs to be exact, and since you said you needed control of St Astha, I searched just about every building in that city, but... no sidequest.

Lolwut.

Also, on this, my second playthrough, I took the time to explore the Castle Town while it was overrun with zombies, and I saw the cool touch you added of evacuating civilians.
That's fine and all, but the real important point is this:
I want that oldass granny paladin.
You should get art of her, mang : O
Make sure she's not too horribly wrinkled, but she's got to go to the Orcs and/or the overlord, because she's awesome.
Lucky777

Postby STR » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Just dropping by to say I’m still alive and working on the next release. And to give answers to some of the new stuff you asked. (I don’t want to spend too much time on the forums when I could be working on the game or doing some other constructive stuff, so you probably won’t see me again until the next release.)

About the mistress route problem:

I found another one actually (different from the “answered positively to the imp too soon”, I mean). So for those who still don’t manage to get the last mistress despite having convinced all the other 7 before talking to the imp (dragon1412, mrttao, DarkJaqb I think?), try doing the following: after conquering Saint Astha, convince the Saint General like usual. But then, once that’s done, do not talk to the imp immediatly after exiting your personal quarters. Rather, first exit the castle entirely, walk a few steps on the world map, and then go back inside and talk to the imp. If you’ve got all 7 mistresses in your team, you should be sent on the side-quest to get the ultimate mistress. Please tell me if that worked.

Either way, I’m reworking that part so that both problems are solved in the next release.

Lucky777:
Thanks for the proofreading. That will definitively be in the next release.

I’ll also look into that display bug during the fight after the game over. Actually got a good idea where I screwed up just by reading your report.

As to the whole "getting stuck in the barbarian market" thing, I did that too for a minute, it'd be good to see that stairway better defined.

I think a couple other doors or stairways could also stand to be more obvious but I don't remember 'em right now.

Well, that’s new. And you are not alone too? I... simply don’t see the problem here. Walls are straight. When there is a single break in a strait wall, it means there is a doorway. And I’m fairly sure it holds true in a number of other RPG maker games out there. So... whut?

About the battle now:
You make some perfectly valid points, especially concerning that last move where I force the player to send his elites away when a savvy one would really like to keep his personal guard right next to himself, thank you very much for the offer but no. I’m not in agreament about your vision of pikemen though: if I have a bunch of badly trained, tighly packed soldiers and order them to point two handed, six meters long poles in front of them, and then suddenly shout “everybody turns left now!”, I can assure you this won’t end well. So, yeah: they really are here only to hold the line, and discourage the knights from trying that all-out frontal charge stuff. And they do the job. Don’t ask them anything more.

Either way, I’m getting sidetracked. Good points or not, it all boils down to my willingless of redoing all those events and, considering the time that battle took me to create, it’s really not all that highon my “willing to do” list. Sorry.

I did note the part about “aiming the horses” though, and that also boils down to the differences in our conception of a medieval battlefield. You don’t order a regiment of archer to “aim for the horses”. You tell them “aim at that knight squadron”, and they let go their arrows in an arc so they fall down on that particular part of the battlefield. What they do hit really has more to do with luck than with the skill of the archers. But I do get that the choice should be made a bit more obvious for gameplay reasons. I’ll see to it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, STR.
The Dwarf Princess and Dismounted Saint General fights are probably the most awesome ones in the game, especially the Saint General, just due to her pre-battle buffchants.
And I like to have my duders beat on the Epic Dwarf Princess for RP reasons even though she has some gay status effect on that stops her from taking damage.
The whole "day-night cycle" thing that the duellist has going, combined with her obvious prowess, are pretty cool too, but they don't affect me as much as the former two.
Those two are super-fucking baller determined, courageous and selfless heroes, it's great fun to beat and rape them.

Glad you're enjoying yourself. Mind you though, that has probably a lot to do with me trying to give them a characterisation for the mistress route you’ll never play ^^'. You’re basically seeing the very beginning of it before fighting them and, in some cases, in the course of the fight proper. I don’t think things would have turned the same if I wrote everything thinking “well they’ll just get raped and become sex slaves in the end either way”... And I’m not sure I know where I was trying to go with that pathetic excuse for an explanation... Oh, well. As long as you’re happy, that works for me.

About the orcs sidequest:

In Saint Astha, the map of the northern gate, there should be some sort of towerish house. You can access the second floor with the rope on the wall of the first. And if you fill the required conditions, Bluk should be there, studying some stuff. That’s the start of the last quest. And if it doesn’t work, then that probably means I’ve got something else to fix (and I’d like to have a look at your save, if it’s at all possible).

Also, on this, my second playthrough, I took the time to explore the Castle Town while it was overrun with zombies, and I saw the cool touch you added of evacuating civilians.
That's fine and all, but the real important point is this:
I want that oldass granny paladin.
You should get art of her, mang : O
Make sure she's not too horribly wrinkled, but she's got to go to the Orcs and/or the overlord, because she's awesome.

She’s got like, what? Three lines of dialogue? And you’re in love already? Oh boy... :roll:
Sorry. She’s fifty-something in a medievalish setting, so she is definitely “wrinkled”. The orcs probably wouldn’t mind, but I’m fairly sure the overlord and the players would.
Aside from showing off my meagre recoloring skills, I mainly put her in the game to act as a counter-exemple: it was already implied in the dwarven mine, but not all fighting women out there are young, brave and beautifull, because the world wasn’t built for the sake of the player alone. The male characters of plot relevance are also partly there for the same reason. It wouldn’t have been all that difficult to have the gender of the dwarven, goblin and human kings reversed, and same goes for the goblin hero and the brave capitain (who was originally supposed to be female by the way, while the Saint General was to be male until I changed my mind somewhere in-between laying out the plot and putting the game together), but I felt the universe would be better off that way.

So, yeah... I’m effraid all you’ll get out of that character in the post-conquest Castle Town will be Yulgoblund spouting a line about how, truly master, it’s a shame she isn’t thirty years younger. ;)

Mrttao:

Yes, the speed isn’t a %, so the malus should become less and less relevant as you level up.

I will fix the diary issue in the next release.
Also just fixed the problem with the jumping on militiamen heads (simply put an invisible npc barrier to prevent them from going all the way to the door). Thanks for pointing all that out.

1. Orcs dont level up in battle - is this intended?

Yes.

2. After Defeating the Lich King, it is possible to remove Poison status on all members by equipping and removing the Lich crown (saves Antidote)

Heh. Didn’t realise it could also be used that way. I don’t see how I could prevent the player from doing so though, so I suppose I’ll just let it go as a bonus for the clever players.

3. Save point just before each boss fight would be nice...

But will probably never happen. And not only to fulfill my sadistic side, mind you: I’m fairly sure if I were to put such a save point, there would be someone out there stupid enough to save on top of his only save just before a fight he has no chance of winning, thus ruining his entire game...
In dungeons at least, you are warned just before the fights, so it really is your call to make. Conquests are shorter, and you are supposed to go in those fully prepared either way, so it’s not like you could stumble on those bosses by chance while grinding or something. Only exeption will be in the demon tower: there will be a teleporter somewhere in the middle (not just before the boss though), simply because it’s so damn big.

4. Last fight (demon) is weaker than Penultimate fight (very difficult due to Starless night every three turns).

That’s certainly an interesting feedback. Could I get some more opinions about those two fights? The last one is supposed to be a bit harder than the penultimate one, so it may be in need of buffing.

5. After defeating the St General, we proceed to attack the city - I wanted to explore the entire city before fighting the captain, but since I did not know where he was (first time), I stumbled onto his location and automatically was drawn into battle. This might be harsh on first time players as they may not even have healed up after the previous fights...

I’ll put some kind of warning. (Though the whole town isn’t explorable during that conquest either way. It would have been a bit too big and complex in an already quite long and difficult fight.)

6. As already pointed out, no need to go into the Dwarf King fight immediately after the fight with the princess. Allowing to use up some potions to heal if required would be nice...

Still toying with the idea, as it involves redoing a working event chain and rebuilding stuff without breaking it (I’m very good at breaking stuff). Will probably end up doing it. It’s all really a matter of when I find the will and time to.

Kuragari:
While I don’t really think the game would need that for the time being due to the reasons I exposed earlier (and because I would feel rather bad making you work on texts destined to eventually be scrapped or heavily modified: I know how much time fiction writing can take), I’m of course always open to suggestions. Did you eventually played the game to the end? And if you are still willing to write something for the scenes, could you link me to that other work you mentionned so I could get an idea? Even if I don’t decide to take you on that placeholders offer, I wouldn’t mind having someone to write some erotic texts if/when I actually get some pics to go with them.

Ohboy and HohesHaus:
Yeah, the Overlord path was the one worrying me the most. It’s supposed to be the most difficult of all, but I wouldn’t want it to be plain impossible either. Like I think I already said (or maybe not?), I’ll do a playthrough on that route myself before releasing the next update, and will procede to make some adjustments if I find it too hard.

On a more general notice, if anyone managed to win on the overlord route, I’d like to hear about it. Also tell me if you got your special reward properly while you are at it.

(Should be a special weapon, and you simply can’t miss it.)

Ohboy:
All understood, but it goes back to my earlier post - if you start with less than 5 TP you got nothing for a couple turns...EXCEPT using recovery items at the outset. Luck seems to determine your starting point for the battle...

I think I put the “strategic positionning” in the game just for those cases. Basically, it makes sure your overlord will have the TPs for “distract them” in the next turn, and that he’ll probably still be alive to use it then. Admitedly not a perfect solution, but at least, between that and some of the ubber items, you should be able to turn around any fight no matter how bad it started TP wise.
STR

Postby hoboy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback, STR. My input (trying like hell to finish an overlord route) is that strategic repositioning should maybe be 15 instead of 10? That way we could start hitting and defence using Battle Formation - once started, Distract could follow shortly, and the whole battle becomes winnable...I WANT that reward...
hoboy

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:42 pm

STR Wrote:Lucky777:
Thanks for the proofreading. That will definitively be in the next release.

Not a problem.
There's more where that came from, if other people skilled with the language don't beat me to it.
...I hope they do, for my laziness outmatches my skill.

STR Wrote:I’ll also look into that display bug during the fight after the game over. Actually got a good idea where I screwed up just by reading your report.

Glad to hear.

STR Wrote:
As to the whole "getting stuck in the barbarian market" thing, I did that too for a minute, it'd be good to see that stairway better defined.

I think a couple other doors or stairways could also stand to be more obvious but I don't remember 'em right now.

Well, that’s new. And you are not alone too? I... simply don’t see the problem here. Walls are straight. When there is a single break in a strait wall, it means there is a doorway. And I’m fairly sure it holds true in a number of other RPG maker games out there. So... whut?

You could consider making doorway tiles have a different colour or something as well; I found a whole new area of the garrison in St Astha just by determinedly running into all things that looked like they MIGHT be doorways. The trouble is that some of those things which MIGHT be doorways ARE NOT doorways, but just contours in the wall.
Something to distinguish doorways definitively would be great.
Of course, that means that the one doorway you inevitably forget to PUT that distinguishing mark on will accidentally become a super fucking secret.
Ah well, perhaps you'll get all of them eventually.

STR Wrote:About the battle now:
You make some perfectly valid points, especially concerning that last move where I force the player to send his elites away when a savvy one would really like to keep his personal guard right next to himself

Indeed.

STR Wrote:thank you very much for the offer but no.
Either way, I’m getting sidetracked. Good points or not, it all boils down to my willingless of redoing all those events and, considering the time that battle took me to create, it’s really not all that highon my “willing to do” list. Sorry.

Actually, that's as expected, so it's really no problem.
About one quarter of the way through the thing I realised: "if it's this FUCKING hard just to WRITE about it, CODING it must be hella worse. Prolly not gonna happen mang."
I then completed the barebones outline of the discussion more as a mental exercise than anything else, and I'm glad that you see the logic in my main points.

STR Wrote: I’m not in agreament about your vision of pikemen though: if I have a bunch of badly trained, tighly packed soldiers and order them to point two handed, six meters long poles in front of them, and then suddenly shout “everybody turns left now!”, I can assure you this won’t end well. So, yeah: they really are here only to hold the line, and discourage the knights from trying that all-out frontal charge stuff. And they do the job. Don’t ask them anything more.

I did note the part about “aiming the horses” though, and that also boils down to the differences in our conception of a medieval battlefield. You don’t order a regiment of archer to “aim for the horses”. You tell them “aim at that knight squadron”, and they let go their arrows in an arc so they fall down on that particular part of the battlefield. What they do hit really has more to do with luck than with the skill of the archers.

Fairnough.
I've never been a soldier, or even studied medieval battlefields with any intensity, and the thing about the archery involving random chance does make sense.
Also, "agreement", btw.

STR Wrote:But I do get that the choice should be made a bit more obvious for gameplay reasons. I’ll see to it.

I can't ask for anything more.

STR Wrote: Mind you though, that has probably a lot to do with me trying to give them a characterisation for the mistress route you’ll never play ^^'. You’re basically seeing the very beginning of it before fighting them and, in some cases, in the course of the fight proper. I don’t think things would have turned the same if I wrote everything thinking “well they’ll just get raped and become sex slaves in the end either way”

Good. Fantastic, even. It shows, and that's part of what makes it so much fun.
Breaking something that was designed to break easily can be quite enjoyable, but breaking something that was designed to be strong is much more satisfying.
It's more of a demonstration of strength, just to begin with, and there's so much more that makes it gratifying besides.

About the orcs sidequest:

STR Wrote:In Saint Astha, the map of the northern gate, there should be some sort of towerish house. You can access the second floor with the rope on the wall of the first. And if you fill the required conditions, Bluk should be there, studying some stuff. That’s the start of the last quest. And if it doesn’t work, then that probably means I’ve got something else to fix (and I’d like to have a look at your save, if it’s at all possible).

I'll have a look.
If I can't find the quest stuff, I'll upload one of the 3 save files I keep, no problem.
Before even going to look, I'm guessing that I either missed the building, or just didn't climb that rope again after conquering the city.

EDIT:
WELP, the Orc Quest was there as you expected.
Maybe I didn't go to that floor of the building after the town was captured, or maybe I just expected a mandatory conversation to start, like with all the other orc quests.
Should prolly make that happen.
: o

STR Wrote:So, yeah... I’m effraid all you’ll get out of that character in the post-conquest Castle Town will be Yulgoblund spouting a line about how, truly master, it’s a shame she isn’t thirty years younger. ;)

*Grumblegrumble*
Hmph.
Well fine, perhaps someone'll make some fanart or something then.
*Grumbles some more*
Also, the word's still "afraid" : o.

STR Wrote:I’m fairly sure if I were to put such a save point, there would be someone out there stupid enough to save on top of his only save just before a fight he has no chance of winning, thus ruining his entire game...

Yes.
I've done that kind of shit in the past.
It's part of why I keep 3 fucking save files nowadays, and only duplicate them in presumably safe spots.

4. Last fight (demon) is weaker than Penultimate fight (very difficult due to Starless night every three turns).

STR Wrote:That’s certainly an interesting feedback. Could I get some more opinions about those two fights? The last one is supposed to be a bit harder than the penultimate one, so it may be in need of buffing.

Doesn't seem easier to me currently.
Still, it's certainly not markedly harder.
Maybe fiddle with the damage on tail sweep again, it went from being a fucking ridiculous killer to being a gentle pussycat.

6. As already pointed out, no need to go into the Dwarf King fight immediately after the fight with the princess. Allowing to use up some potions to heal if required would be nice...

STR Wrote:Will probably end up doing it. It’s all really a matter of when I find the will and time to.

Excellent.
Lucky777

Postby command » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Here's someone you can likely draw some good CG. I really like his style. Check him out.

http://gold-paladin.deviantart.com/

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/mutantnight/
command

Postby hoboy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:45 am

Update on my quest to beat Overlord mode. Before starting ground through Hell Hole to get Overlord up to 22.

Dwarven battle: 15 battles leading up to the Princess fight. 5 started over 15 TP, one more over 10 TP, 9 started with under 10 TP (3 zeros). VERY tight, and then got to the Princess and started both fights with her at 5 TP. FINALLY got through her and fought Daddy starting with 9 TP. COME ON...this is ridiculous...but won. Had to go back and purchase more Salvations and restarting but got through it.

Then i went into the St Almas fight (starting with 30+ orc drinks, 30+ first aids and 20+ full potions, as well as 18 Salvations), got through the General, powered through (and leveled up) through the town, and ended up facing the Capitain with only 3 Salvations left. Of course I died there. And this was after almost 2 hours from start of the fight. DAMN this is getting time consuming. I have now refitted with 30+ salvations and will try again, after a break.

Overall I looked at starting TP values while grinding through the Hell Hole and it looks like it's fairly balanced at the 15 TP level - 50% at or over, 50% under. HOWEVER, of the unders 2/3 were under 10 (one third of ALL battles), meaning no use at all first turn - a killer in strong battles.

Just my argument for maybe making the repositioning worth more than 10...
hoboy

Postby Johny55 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:12 am

+++hahaha Awesome game. It can stand alone even without the Sexy pictures.. (but would be near perfect with them). I read that people find this game challenging, and i have to disagree. I went the mistress rout and defeated the sexy read head in 2 hits. (via powered up berserk, hit her for 5k crit, and a 2k regular and she was down.) I imagine playing though on the warlord path is probably insane though haha.

-A couple things i noticed, there is some miss spelled words particularly during the Dwarf siege.
Also, the journal in the general's quarters was too long for me to sit here and read, albeit very well put together, just too long. (less fluff more meat? maybe)

+Loved it! great story telling awesome linear storytelling. environments particularly well done. especially the houses.

-More rewards for exploring houses and such would be nice though. I always end up exploring every nook and cranny for epic loots.

Loved it, especially the twist at the end, good screenplays always leave the audience wanting more, even if there isn't going to be anymore.
Johny55
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:29 pm

hoboy Wrote: 30+ salvations

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

How long do you spend grinding D :

I've just started an "Overlord route, all side-chicks to the Orcs" playthrough, and I am NOT looking forward to grinding for literally hours.
Lucky777

Postby hoboy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:14 pm

3 or 4 leisurely strolls through the Hell Hole - a few hours there beats the hell out of a few hours and then sudden death...as I'm finding out...
hoboy

Postby hoboy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:45 pm

FINALLY got through St Asthas and then followed up with defeating the duelist on Overlord mode. Got the reward (Rough Edge) which is a helluva weapon. Decided to get a few more Greatest Cures before hitting the king and found that all the orc quests are now activated. Lost Gluk in the elf forest AND HE"S JUST FUCKING GONE. Can't find him anywhere. The screen with the mirror not active. Tried every path and he's dead and out of the party - I think this must be a bug? Am I the first to get to the end of an overlord mode? Why are the orc quests activating now???

Edit - nevermind - orcs now lvl 15 so that's the trigger. HOWEVER, I did find G'luk in the forest in Orc mode, but can't find him now in Overlord mode...and don;t have the patience for a guessing game at this point...
hoboy

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Yeah I'm not gonna lie, the way those quests just activate and rob you of a guy is kinda annoying.
Ah well.
As to the orc,

When I played through, he was NORTH of the area where you have to GO BACK THE WAY YOU CAME to progress.
Unless he picks a new hiding spot every time, he'll be there.
If he DOES pick a new hiding spot every time, well bloody fuck that.
Lucky777

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects