[WIP] PyTFall (Ren'Py)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [WIP] PyTFall (Ren'Py)

Postby Xela » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:35 pm

Old saves are broken unless you download this as well. Find these files in your game directory and overwrite.

All new saves will work just fine without these files!
Attachments
script.rar
(7.7 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Sivertop » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:41 pm

thanks alot :)
Sivertop

Postby WonderGamer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:57 am

Noticing a crash error that happens when you get paired up with a certain Elven Eaters enemy. You get the preview of the enemy, then an immediate stop error directly before you actually get to the battlefield. I'll try to get you a log of this.

Also noticing a new bug since the last update. What happens is directly after doing a simple work task, if you do a quicksave, it repeats the task (noticed it in the Arena). If you keep doing it beyond 0 AP, it basically corrupts the save, boots you back to the title screen & you have no chance of reloading it. Been having to make sure I back out back the to world map before I quicksave to make sure it doesn't happen again... :!:
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Xela » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:47 am

WonderGamer Wrote:Noticing a crash error that happens when you get paired up with a certain Elven Eaters enemy. You get the preview of the enemy, then an immediate stop error directly before you actually get to the battlefield. I'll try to get you a log of this.

Also noticing a new bug since the last update. What happens is directly after doing a simple work task, if you do a quicksave, it repeats the task (noticed it in the Arena). If you keep doing it beyond 0 AP, it basically corrupts the save, boots you back to the title screen & you have no chance of reloading it. Been having to make sure I back out back the to world map before I quicksave to make sure it doesn't happen again... :!:

I hate these saving bugs :( Going to see if I can get to the bottom of it...

====
And that's why I hate them... was unable to replicate :(
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:19 am

I've been having a lot of trouble. With 3 Kirimise, one Heya-Mochi, and one Zashiki-Mochi, I am unable to maintain my brothel without frequent survival runs against goblins (none of the other survival sections seem possible with my current gear: Gloves of Swordplay and Ceremonial Sabre). Is it intentional for the brothel to be impossible to maintain without external income?

Ah, forgot to mention: 2 of those Kirimise are hired, not slaves, and there's one more slave Kirimise unable to work.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Xela » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:13 am

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Is it intentional for the brothel to be impossible to maintain without external income?

Absolutely not, we've overcompensated a bit because 3 or 4 days before the Alpha release our tester got 13 000 000 gold in 1000 days. But people got much better results than that with well trained slaves...

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Ah, forgot to mention: 2 of those Kirimise are hired, not slaves, and there's one more slave Kirimise unable to work.

Not able to work is usually very expensive. I am doing a code review, while at it, I'll try to improve the system. All the stats code has been completely rewritten and is not better readable and very easy to expand upon. I'll try to find a better balance for the game after/during the review.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Sivertop » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:40 am

wanted to report it too..

have 6 salves (better i say 5 free girls 1 slave) slave+ 3 of the free girls are prost..and they got now an rank where they only say no (effect of this i get no money) first i thought its because of my fame but my brothel have max fame and my reputation isnt bad too... (by the way i have the 75k gold brothel) only come to money when i do arena or when i fire my free girls and get some new/or fire just 2-3 of them and try it with the rest...but i think it needs not be like that when i want my girls to have sex they have to do it not to disobey :P

and to u Zeus after a while of doing it against goblins u get more and more points to ur stats (+1 or sometime +2) and of course level..so u can do amazon tribe and farm on them a bit if u have enough stats u can do eaters or slimes next...it takes a lot of time im now around day700 (did since day 3 only arena) and can already do that eaters/slimes...ur equipment does not say much.
If u do goblins and see u can take it with ur life against 4-5 of the amazon tribe before losing than just look on ur exp if u see u just need around 8-9k exp to lvlup than fight against amazon tribe after u got that exp u have lvlup and ur hp will recover so you have way more chances to kill the boss too (amazon tribe boss is hard if u dont have full life/most life left u cant beat her..and by the way buy that defence rings they will really help u)

so after all i wish u all a n1 day i need to go to work :P
Sivertop

Postby WonderGamer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:01 am

I honestly would like to know where the figures for taxes are coming from. Doesn't seem normal that you should have to pay out more in taxes than you're actually making...

WonderGamer

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:19 am

I haven't seen any defense rings, but I always kinda wondered why there didn't seem to be any worthwhile body armor or other equipment.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Tymon » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:44 am

Um... the password is listed in the post.
Tymon

Postby Sivertop » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:57 pm

also u can get that defence rings from the witch...about the armor and all that stuff i dont know if its true but sometime there will be other stuff to buy than normally...yesterday i got an really good sword and now each time when im looking for it at trader she dont have it anymore its the same with rings sometime they are there sometime theyre not there..

Taxes are fine with the newest patch, i dont know why u cant pay them, with update its pretty easy right now...
I think u just have problems with getting money or better say.. u dont know how to get good money (arena--right now the best option to get money) or buy slave train her and sell her (but with arena u get a bit more money after a while, if u got some stats, because if u win in chainfights, u get items to use/sell).

My problem is.. i have really trouble to get my constitution higher(MC), in 100days i just did 3 points because i dont really undertsand how to get it...(right now 53 points -.-)
Xela said u get it in arena (that was my way how i got some in this 100 days (i did only dogfights)) or train with that girl from arena (i saved and spend 80k gold in training with here got not even 1 constitution than i loaded my save)
and that leaving ap at the end...does not work too (saved and was testing it 45days because Xela said its random) not even 1 constitution..

and with my MC-LvL i really need already more AP just have 4 AP and someone said to me i get more AP with more Constitution
Sivertop

Postby Xela » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Right, constitution should be easier to get... that's clear. Chances of gaining it right now are too low making it very inconsistent.

On the items front, every item has a chance of appearing in shops. With decent items the chance is not very high so that's why they're hard to find.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby WonderGamer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:12 pm

Do I need to wipe & extract the 4-part archive again, then apply the new patch? Or could the fact that I applied the new patch over the last patch maybe be what's causing the problem?

WonderGamer

Postby Xela » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:17 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:Do I need to wipe & extract the 4-part archive again, then apply the new patch? Or could the fact that I applied the new patch over the last patch maybe be what's causing the problem?

It should just work... Taxes are still high even with the patch, but they are not murderous like before.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:47 am

Okay. Here's the report on the Elf Eater enemy that gives you an immediate stop error. Seems it may be related to an attack called Claw:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in script
File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in python
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 997, in python
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1737, in python
File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 539, in python
KeyError: u'Claw'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Program Files\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
node.execute()
File "E:\Program Files\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Program Files\PyTFall-0.45-Alpha\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - arena_inside.rpy", line 14, in <module>
$ pytfall.arena.screen_loop()
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 997, in screen_loop
self.start_chainfight()
File "game/library/classes - arena and exploration.rpy", line 1737, in start_chainfight
be_bridge_team_setup(team, battle, f_class=SimpleAIFighter, skip=False, sprite_flip=False)
File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 539, in be_bridge_team_setup
Member.RegisterSkill(Library.Skills.__dict__[entry], member.battle_skills[key])
KeyError: u'Claw'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PyTFall 0.45 Alpha

I've added a screenshot that shows the enemy that causes this to happen:
Elf Eater crash.jpg
Elf Eater crash.jpg (28.9 KiB) Viewed 3819 times

WonderGamer

Postby Xela » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:57 am

I fixed it with the last patch... Did I do something wrong?

You can just find it in the mobs.json file in the content/db folder and change it to ClawAttack. It will fix that for sure. Any decent texteditor will do.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:22 am

You did? Might help if we had version numbers on the patches or release notes so we know what each patch fixes; this would make it easier to know when a new patch is out. Might be I haven't downloaded it yet because I didn't know another one was released. Might also be that I need to wipe the folder, extract the base game & copy over the newest patch.

EDIT: I see you have release notes, but no indication on version numbers. Makes it kind of hard to track when a new patch comes out. I'll redownload & see if it's the same one I already have (I can probably find out by the file revision dates).

EDIT: Okay, I see a slight change when I redownloaded the patch, one additional file changed on the 31st that wasn't in the last patch I downloaded. We'll see if this fixes the issue & I'll get back to you.

EDIT: Negative on the fix. Going to try wiping, then applying the patch after a fresh extract of the core game to see if it fixes it.

LAST EDIT: Negative on the fix even after a wipe & patch with the latest version. Save corruption issue I mentioned before is still present. Stop error in my last post still relevant. If there is another patch after the 31st, it hasn't been linked in this thread yet.

WonderGamer

Postby Sivertop » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:26 am

After ur report with ur problem with the Elf Eaters (Claw-monster one) i wondered about it because i had no problems with newest patch... i tested it against them again with new game and old savegame and i had no problems...with my oldest savefile and that new try..

i have the latest gamepatch so i dont know why u have a problems and me not...did u downloaded that files from Xela earlier to fix old savefiles WonderGamer? might be possible that this files will fix it, i dont know..
but seems so that ur the only one with this problem i think..

Edit: U find that fix for savegames on first post of site3
Sivertop

Postby WonderGamer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:16 pm

I didn't download the save import patch, but then again, didn't try to load an old save either. I'm wondering if that old save patch is needed... Was downloaded from the OP, so if he posted the latest version elsewhere in the thread, I must not have seen it.

I lot of people are going to hate me for bringing this up, but I've found a bit of an exploit. Normally you can create a character & release points to a pool to re-assign them. The problem with this is that if you release the points then change your class (or even pick the same class), it resets the auto-assigned points, but you still have the released point in the pool. This essentially gives you unlimited points to spend when you create your character. Personally I would have liked to see these points unassigned at the beginning to make it easier to know how may points I have to begin with without having to bring everything down, but I guess the plus side is I found a bug in it & unlike others who may be exploiting the bug, I'm going to point it out so it can be fixed.

WonderGamer

Postby Xela » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:16 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:I lot of people are going to hate me for bringing this up

Noone is going to hate you cause it's been fixed for over two weeks:

- Buffing up MC in his setup screen exploit is gone

You're not applying the patch right, instructions are simple (just delete library folder from the game and replace with the one in the patch), you'll have to figure out where it goes wrong for yourself. The only thing I can tell you is that you're either playing the release version that most people deemed unplayable due to the taxes pile up bug or you've applied the patch selectively for some reason/error.

In the last version even the grammar/spelling improvements you've suggested have been applied (most of them anyway), nothing should be able to crash the game but there are still some other issues we'll work out when development is resumed.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects