[HTML5]LEWD (Alpha1 release up!)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [HTML5]LEWD (Need feedback for alpha1 release!)

Postby Sadako » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:46 pm

Ah, I didn't even notice that bug. It wasn't always like that, but some new bugs cropped up with some changes that I made at the very end of working on that prototype. Yeah, that'll get fixed.

The whole description thing in the parser is going to be changed considerably to not repeat full descriptions over and over near each other.
I've opened up writing tryouts again
Sadako

Postby UnLimiTeD » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:25 pm

That bird character, Uleg; Is there actually a way to wait a week and come back now, or is that for.... sometime later?
UnLimiTeD

Postby Sadako » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:49 am

Progress on the alpha is coming along smoothly and on schedule~

I wrote up a blog post on one of the improvements coming http://www.playlewd.com/blog/?p=399

Basically brings support for heterochromia iridis and a bunch of other stuff that can follow, on top of just plain improving how player descriptions are created.

UnLimiTeD Wrote:That bird character, Uleg; Is there actually a way to wait a week and come back now, or is that for.... sometime later?

I thought I recently added a bit to make it clear that that's not finished now. Looks like I messed that up but I fixed a note to be at the end of it.
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:24 am

I need help figuring out what to give out in return for Patreon pledges.

I have a system where it tracks how much money someone has cumulatively pledged and credits their account. Then they can "spend" those credits to basically purchase extra content to be made that they want (if it can be agreed that it fits the game).
I'm just not sure what exactly to have for people to "cash out".
Getting a NPC added that someone wants is a potential thing, but most NPCs will be tens of thousands of words each, so that's a tall order. I want to have deep characters, instead of something you interact with once and it's done. I need lower end reward ideas.
Sadako

Postby XXXXXXXXCV » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:36 pm

I can't figure out how to open the inventory/equip things :/
XXXXXXXXCV

Postby Sadako » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:05 am

XXXXXXXXCV Wrote:I can't figure out how to open the inventory/equip things :/

It's to the left on your character card labeled "items".
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:04 pm

For the upcoming alpha, I’m adding a sort of preword to the game to give some context to the world at the start.
http://webm.host/99919/vid.webm?_=1
As far as the rendering, things have changed a lot there.
When I first made the pre-alpha, WebGL was not very widely adopted. Instead I used Canvas with a little WebGL extras.

On top of being able to do a lot more with WebGL, it’s also typically a lot more efficient since a lot more of the work is done on the GPU. Here’s a comparison of the change so far:
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:41 am

Test server for the alpha is now up for patrons
A public release that's open to all, and not just those helping funding it, will come in August or early September. At which point the test server will remain for Patrons.

Short recap thing on what has been done the past ~2 months:
  • Now running on my new engine, which will become a lot more relevant in the future. Mostly just a port right now, which took a lot of time.
  • About 50% more content
  • Some basic character saving.
  • Hundreds of little changes, but also some new bugs for now. (That's why it's a test server)
  • See http://www.playlewd.com/blog/?p=432 for a more detailed list and info!

There's also a reward system for the supporters that I'll get finalized sometime in August.
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:33 pm

Was too tired to get the original post edited with the updates last night, but got it updated too now.
Sadako

Re: [HTML5]LEWD (Alpha test server now up!)

Postby Sadako » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:54 am

I put out an update 3 days ago.. Was too busy to get notes posted around though, slipped my mind. :x

http://www.playlewd.com/blog/?p=441
  • The feedback and rating system for scenarios is now working.
  • Fixed a parser error that’d happen if something was caught that ended with a period.
  • Lots of other additional problems with the parsing has also been fixed.
  • Fixed tile populations (number of players on a tile) not showing in online mode. They also use up less data than they did before.
  • Fixed player count not updating as people join/leave and other issues caused by functions that were intended to output data to all players connected.
  • Fixed an incorrect order of operations that would lead to the player not moving to the tile where a scenario was executing, which prevented getting to lots of content.
  • Fixed a core engine bug that made it impossible for functions that drive the content to have “false” values for a player or object, which made it impossible to have a function that only sometimes used a player object as an option and was messing up a significant portion of things.
  • Fixed a bug where some things with player sex not being set correctly for lots of content.
  • Fixed a bug where players were no longer marked as “editable” when reloading a save and going through chargen again, which prevented many changes from happening. (This way you can reroll your character)
  • Fixed some incorrect stuff with the message on the account page about what access you have.
  • Character saves have been wiped (except for descriptions you’ve set)
  • Reworked Patreon account scraper to get it working again. -_- Still some problems here, but working on it.

• You can now create new characters on your account page.
  • You can now delete your character save if you wish to reroll by clicking the “Delete Character Data” button in settings. This will not delete the name and such, just the game save data.

The main focus on the next update will probably be some engine improvements I need to add, for instancing game objects that enables a lot of neat stuff with content and which will help fix a few bugs with items and some other things.
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:35 pm

Been working on the map editing tool and updates to the maps.

http://www.playlewd.com/blog/?p=473

http://webm.host/d3c04/vid.webm
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:15 pm

I put up a "dev tracker" which basically automatically generates some basic change notes. It's an easy way to see what we've been doing, albeit slightly cryptic.

http://www.playlewd.com/tracker.php
I also really need help finding more bugs. I need to get things polished up for the Alpha 1 release in September. Don't be shy to report something that looks like a bug.
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:11 am

I got some of those major things implemented in the engine that i mentioned in the original post. The one that would make it easily to procedural generate content (though the writing for the amphibious aliens to make use of that isn't finished and in just yet), and most things done the implement the others though they still need some finishing up.

Also updated the Patreon bot to keep people's pledges and how much they've contributed updated to their LEWD account.
Also had to do implement some things to deal with people stealing. 'cause you know, who cares about supporting someone working so hard at something. May as well abuse Patreon's poorly implemented system to steal. :/
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:54 am

Got another update up http://www.playlewd.com/blog/?p=505

And I'm still looking for more writers http://www.playlewd.com/blog/?p=460
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:00 pm

A big update is up. This is the 6th major update in less than 5 weeks, and I'm getting close to a stable alpha release. A bit more detail is here http://www.playlewd.com/blog/?p=519
There's also been a lot more content added. Maybe I'll start doing monthly content update recaps or something.

Most things are almost in order now, except for some more efficiency stuff I need to do to get my costs lowered. Hopefully I'll have the stable release out at the end of this month and the next month or two I can put more time toward adding new features and neat stuff that I have in mind.
Also, we are still looking for another good writer to join the team. See: http://www.playlewd.com/blog/?p=460

Engine changes:
  • I did some major recoding that increases efficiency on both ends (a lot less data will be used, as well as less wasted CPU and memory on the client to handle some duplicate network events that could happen.)
  • Added some preliminary code to handle some client caching and instancing of things that can come up repeatedly, but it's not fully implemented.
  • Also a lot of stream lining of APIs on both ends that further reduces the amount of code that needs to be written to achieve things, including a client API fix that would sometimes make unnecessary calls when game objects are updated, which lowered performance.
    • This also helped fix a lot of issues in general, namely with restoring save states.
    • Server also sends a lot of updates in batches to improve both network and client performance.
General:
  • Fixed a bug with the phallic symbiote sometimes not counting as a penis when it should... sort of (see known issues)
  • Fixed an issue with the writing parser that would be problematic with falsey values.
  • Fixed equipping and unequipping clothing not working correctly on a restored save. (would still show a top as on when topless, etc)
  • Fixed underwear and other previous items not restoring with the restored save.
  • Fixed a new issue where sex traits weren't showing as checked on a restored save.
  • Fixed the "more info" link on the game connection screen not actually doing anything.
  • Dev Tracker now shows dates for the updates.
  • Saves have been wiped since the way some player data is arranged has been changed. After the first alpha release I'll avoid save wipes, but right now it's not like there's a lot of progression lost. There are ways to refractor saves instead of wiping them later on, but I'm just not bothering with that right now.
Those that have successful payments of at least $15 now gain test server access even if they're no longer pledging (previously it required an active pledge)
This will be cut off once the alpha is launched and public. This is just to continue to give access for those that already supported a significant amount so they can keep playing/testing until there is the public alpha to play on. After that, test server access will remain a month-by-month thing.
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:01 pm

This update is rather small. I’ve been really burned out working 60-100+ hours a week the few weeks prior to this past one.
  • Fixed an issue where players could get stuck and unable to move after a scenario ends.
  • Fixed getting stuck on the part where recalling what you used the injector on after the last update.
  • Fixed Feedback on Scenarios not working. Feedback also now confirms the submission. (Again, please don’t use this to report bugs. Use the forums for that)
  • Client side descriptions now save and restore properly. (Clearing saved site data will clear them out, I should note. May add some cloud saving for them in the future for supporters so you can keep them across devices, browsers, or after clearing out browser data.)

I’m not really sure I’ll get it all polished up and ready for the public by the end of September. I’m extremely burned out and there’s still significant things left to do.
I want the public release to be nice and it’s just not nice enough yet. The release is largely delayed because I added a number of things that I didn’t originally plan to, but still.

Changes coming with Public Server release
  • Over the next few days a few things are going to be changing to faciliate the two servers and access.
  • The “Play” button on the front page will change to direct to the new public game server URL.
  • Your Account Page will change a bit to reflect what access you have (IE test server access, public server access)
  • Patreon supporters will have access to the test server and permanent access to the public server.
    • Each Patreon supporter will also get a key to share that can be used to gain access once for each $ they’ve spent. (IE, someone that has
  • Those that use an access key will gain free permanent access to the main (stable/public) server.
  • Test server will remain something that gets broken occasionally, but has upcoming features being worked on and content that’s still being polished up. While the main (stable/public) server will be a bit dated, but will be stable.

Eventually I’ll put out a few extra keys besides the Patrons’ that each have dozens or hundreds of uses each once I feel it’s more ready to have more people playing it, but not quite totally open to the public completely until it’s more where I want it to be.
And further on I’ll eventually have it completely open, without requiring a key, to play for free.

I’m not sure if I’ll open up that thousand or so extra spots at the end of September like I wanted, or if it’ll be a bit later. Like I said, I’m super burned out right now.
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:13 am

Alpha 1 pre-release Update 8 notes (Almost there…)

Not ready to set the main, stable server up just yet, but getting there. There’s still two significant issues I need to fix, at the very least, and some writing that needs to be added and polished up and better connected first.
I’ll be releasing access keys for Patreon supporters to share soon, though.

• Added a number of tools and engines improvements and bug fixes, including adding some capability that was needed to make setting up procedural content more easily. Also fixed a new crash that was happening related to this.
  • Fixed object listeners propagating to object instances, instead of each instance having its own list of listeners. This drastically cuts down on a lot of wasted data that was being sent to players that they didn’t need to have sent.
  • Fixed how item adjectives were no longer modifiable, and things that would damage/destroy clothing can now do so again.
  • There was also a big issues with saves where the saves couldn’t properly save and restore different cross references to something, and instead created new objects/instances, which was creating a lot of bugs (like generally not being able to equip/unequip items from a restored save). That should now be fixed.
You may need to clear your save (in settings) to fully fix the aforementioned issue. Save wipes should be rare or not happen at all from now on, though, since they now appear to be in a good spot.

It's perfectly playable now, I think. Just not quite where I need it to be for a first alpha release.
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:15 pm

This should be the last client and engine update before I put up the “Alpha 1” release (besides new things that may come up).
There is still some issues needed with content needing some reworking or additions before I set up the main server with that release, though. I also need to set up that additional server, and need to set up a system to distribute and manage access keys for the supporters and myself to give out, which will take a small amount of time.

I don’t really know how long it’ll take to get the content situated since most of that is on the writers to get cracking on. Hopefully it’ll just be a few days.

Once this is done there will be the test server for Patreon supporters, which may be unstable, buggy, but that has new content added right away. Then there will be the main “stable” server which is an older release that I know is largely stable and that just requires a free key to get access to.

Alpha Pre-Release Update 9 notes:
  • Added writer credit to the client ui.
  • Replimented libido. (still need to change a lot of content to have it drain libido some amount)
  • Adjusted the styling for the chat in online mode. Global chat tab button no longer gets covered up, and the text box better fits the available space.
  • Dirty Space Alchemy quest now points to an area like the Lost Shirt one. Also added more flexibility to the system used there.
  • … some other various content things.

• There was a big issue with saves. Pretty sure I have all the issues with them fixed now, really, though. I needed to wipe the old saves again since they could be very corrupt.
  • Fixed a new issue with the default “Born Male” trait being improperly set, which made parts of it not get removed when selecting another sex trait.
  • Fixed an issue with some events firing on incomplete connections, triggering the playerDisconnect which lead to negative player counts displayed, among other things.
  • Fixed an issue with network driven updates to the gender selection on chargen that didn’t clear out previous selections when setting it to the previous one.
  • Reworked how some data is synced between the server and clients, that’s just a lot more simpler though it uses more data than the previous (buggy) implementation. I need to revisit this later, though. This fixes making sure the player item list and some other deep objects/arrays are synced up accurately.
  • Removed a bunch of debug logging that is no longer necessary.
  • Fixed a parser issue that came up when the text to be parsed was followed by a comma. Fixes an issue with saying your character’s name to Macsen.
  • Fixed a quest arrow showing sometimes when there was nothing to point to. Also Readjusted the active quest highlighting style slightly after a previous change messed it up.
  • Fixed stat points not being rewarded. It worked totally differently on the old engine and just forgot to change those.
  • Fixed orifice sometimes getting parsed to your characters dick. Uhhhhh… oops.
  • Fixed a number of bugs with clothing and the parsing around it.
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:24 pm

So, things have been delayed a bit.
While I've been working on and added a ton of things that weren't originally on the list of things to get done for the first completed Alpha release, I still fell behind on getting the absolutely bare necessities done to get it released when I wanted, but it's just about there.

I've been working on the private messaging and social features that are upcoming, and ended up going deep down a rabbit hole with that which sucked up way more time than I expected.
I've also still been really burned out, so just haven't gotten as much done this month as I'd like.
Barring any major new issues being found, I'll be setting up the main/stable server and distributing a bunch of keys to the backers to share for access to that.
Update Notes
  • Lots of content bugs fixed.
  • Set lots of libido draining amounts to different sex scenes. (May have missed some)
  • Fixed the "you have disconnected" message not showing up when that happens.
  • Implemented some additional functionality to the writing parser to allow us to modify writing depending on what dialog option lead to it in the cases where two or more different scenes lead to the same other scene.
  • Implemented &&/AND psuedocode parsing on the writing parser, rather than needing to nest stanzas. There's also an update to make sure whitespace doesn't mess anything up and some general cleanups.
  • Fixed the server being unable to set adjectives on something of a player's by sub-reference lookups that used to work in the old engine, such as for their primary orifice.
Known Issues
  • Horrible reconnect support, really. Need quite a bit of recoding on the client to handle this well. Won't get this fixed in time for release, and it'll still require refreshing until then.
  • Libido doesn't always display accurately when reloading at first.
  • System map renderer still fails to load or crashes some times.
  • Some client side parser states aren't restored on saves, like if you're repeating something or not.
Sadako

Postby Sadako » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:39 am

Alpha 1 Release Candidate 3(Actually Final?)

Well this is a lot later than I wanted to get this ready and released.

It’s a combination of there being a lot more that had to be recoded for the game to work on my new engine than I thought, and adding a lot of things that I originally didn’t plan on but thought I was making good time and had time for.
There’s also the demotivating factor of Paypal stealing almost $500. I thought the Patreon would take off considerably more and that I’d have more help with writing, too.
I should have the public server(non test-server) up within a day or two, now.

Updates
  • Updated description generation to be a bit smarter in how it chooses possible descriptions. You’ll no longer get something overly redundant like “egg-laden, egg-stuffed and egg-filled pussy”.
  • Fixed the isArea conditional that was used in the back end to change things based on where you are or where you last came from and such. Was making some text not show correctly based on those sorts of parameters.
  • Fixed an issue where items couldn’t be consumed on the backend by key word (ie top, bottoms). Things that take/destroy your clothes no properly do so again.
  • Fixed an issue where you couldn’t move back and forth to a zone/map that you had already visited.
  • Fixed planetary system map text showing over the local map sometimes.
  • Fixed 5 cases that could cause writing to not parse correctly.
  • Fixed a bug in generating descriptions that would cause everything to be blank. This was an issue with it writing something as torn, sticky, etc.
  • Fixed the revive-from-clone not working(though it’s intended behavior is still unfinished)
  • More fixes to the optimized way it detects levels of bareness on the server.
  • More content fixes.
Known issues:
  • Items you had equipped aren’t always requipped right on the client after loading from a save, which shows descriptions as if bare even though the game thinks you have clothing on. You’ll need to reequip them.
  • Some client side variables set like if a scenario has been viewed before is not restored between sets, giving a bit wrong of writing sometimes.
  • Eggs not disappearing?
Sadako

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects