"Vacation"

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

"Vacation"

Postby bob12321 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:24 am

Update 8/25/2013 not really more like an announcement
I've decided I'm not 100% happy with the girls as they are right now. So I've decided to go back to the basics of drawing them. They'll still look pretty much the same but I feel I can do better with less tracing and playing Frankenstein by putting different parts together. I'm confident that the new girls will look even better and they will actually be able to move(instead of only their expressions changing).

Some of you may be thinking, why change them? and why can't you just work on the game?

Well I just played a dating sim the other day for inspiration and I noticed mine sucked in comparison. As a developer, I couldn't stand for this so I'm gonna up my game.

I'll make updates along the way so stay tuned look forward to seeing the girls in a new way. I'm drawing from scratch!

Update 8/5/2013
Since this thread has been more active lately I thought that deserved an update.
-Fixed fighting system
-Players can now take a bath
-Added a bath time animation for the player
-Players can now increase their charm stat by taking a bath

Players can't talk to the girls and actually have a conversation yet, so this doesn't really affect anything at the moment. And don't worry the girls won't be in chibi form when they show up at the hot spring. But I might make them chibi somewhere else just for fun.

"Vacation"
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Shipwrecked.swf [ 1.55 MiB | Viewed 48504 times ]

Update 7/1/2013
Damn I think I've gotten faster at drawing and programming. Here's the next update and the hot springs are open. You can increase your charm by taking a bath, or at least you'll be able to after I make the button work. The girls won't show up yet because I haven't drawn their, "bath time body's" yet. So stay tuned for that! You can however see the next event, where Manami tells you the rules for the hot spring. Only one rule really, but I don't think anyone will be following it anyway.

Update 6/30/2013
I'm back! I know I've been gone for a while (I'm pretty sure I've said this before, déjà vu). Anyway added in a whole bunch of new area's to see and some even hold sneak peaks as to what I'll be adding next. Well not really peaks more like keep you eye on areas that stand out from the normal, because those places will be used in the game for story developments, game play, etc. Also had a great idea for something to add to the game, HOT SPRINGS! Had to do it because I just saw it in a game I was playing, and besides, who doesn't love a good hot spring scene in their game or anime? (At least the from the girls side anyway) Although you can't go to the hot spring yet so stay tuned for that because once I add it in, there will be a game event there.

Update 4/29/2013
Know I've been gone a while, been trying to learn to read/write/speak Japanese. You'll also see some Japanese in the game (Not much just a little).
Other than that, here's the details of this massive update:
Finished the fighting:
-You can fight the girls (To fight them either go in their room when you know you’re not supposed too or click the fight button when they randomly pop up)
-You can fight the animals (To fight the animals try to go into the jungle, I'll be moving it into the jungle when I have drawn the jungle)
-You can't get the girls moves yet because I haven't added that feature in yet.
-I'm thinking that whenever you fight the girls you and they get stronger so I'll add that in later. (Only you and the girl you were just fighting)
-You can't beat the girls yet so don't try. (I think the only ones you can beat right now are the tiger and the snake)
-When you lose you return to your room/cave and you lose a day.
-Beating or fighting the girls do nothing for stat changing right now
-Get their interest in you over 5000, they won't be pissed at you going in their room anymore (unless it's night because they'll kick your as just for waking them up)
New Scenes:
-Beach reverse view
-Before entering the jungle
New Item Pick Up (They pop up randomly, and no you can’t give them to the girls yet):
-You can now find shells across the beach
-You can now find coconuts by the palm trees
Chat:
-Still does nothing but say under construction
Other than that I tweaked some of the girls and the main character (nothing probably noticeable unless you took a screen shot of the before and after)
I'm sure there's other stuff but I can't remember, let me know if anything doesn't work the way it should since this is a pretty big update.
Update 4/5/2013
Added in the last animal and 4 of the girls to randomly fight.
Added in all of the attacks for the ones present.
Added Special attacks for player to use.
Added pain for the player.(Girls won't look like their feeling pain until I move the fight box into the main game)
I'm sure there was at least one more so I added whatever that was.
Update 4/4/2013
Well it seems that "having all the girls specials" has won it in the polls.
Besides closing out the polls here's another animal to fight. (with a little random encounter thrown in)
(Cant fight the girls yet)
Update 3/29/2013
Added a test fight file (basic fighting which will be first game)
Added first enemy (you can only fight the snake right now and no one is allowed to win right now)
Update 3/28/2013
In the event of a tie I decide, I'm just gonna do a little of all of them.
Update 3/24/2013
More people scored me an 8 for the polls so I'm gonna go with that as my answer. Thanks for everyone who voted.
Update 3/23/2013
Added basic rooms for all the characters.
Added night time.
Added random encountering (wont happen inside rooms)
Added first event with Satomi (you'll have to find it).
Your choices in the beginning now have effects on the girls.
Added basic interaction buttons(only chat does anything right now).
You can chat with the girls(although you don't actually get to say anything).
Update 3/22/2013
Added the cave entrance area.
You can also go into the rooms, but there isn't anything in them yet.
Added the legal disclaimer to the front (I know there aren't any adult scenes yet but they'll eventually make there way in there)
Update 3/20/2013 Part B
Added two more zones.
Update 3/20/2013 Part A
Updated the storm effects.
Update 3/19/2013
Added in the rest of the opening to the game.(I know there's no food yet, I'll add it late)
Added a skip button.(Will skip the entire opening)
Added in some basic navigation for after the opening.(Although only one area actually has any)
Update 3/17/2013
Added meeting for next girl.
(Game stops at the buffet for now and yes I know there's no food drawn right now)
Update 3/8/2013
Added meetings for more girls (although the locations aren't done yet)
Update 3/2/2013
The last girl has been added. cast your votes for who's your favorite while you can because after I get the full beginning of the game in, you wont be able to look at them like this anymore.
Update 2/28/2013
Added Purple Girl.
Update 2/26/2013
Still working on the girls but here's the game so far (I probably need a scenery artist).
(Also will stop on the second construction, so if you can't continue the speech it's because I haven't added it yet)
Update 2/25/2013
Here's Orange (and purple won so I'll be working on her next)
Update 2/24/2013 Part B
Decided that 'Red' didn't really fit the personality that I had in mind for her, so I changed her up a bit.
(Still working on Orange)
Update 2/24/2013 Part A
Orange won, so I'll get to work on her today.
Update 2/23/2013 Part B
Here's Blue (By the way these colors are not there names, but if you can think of ones that are better then what I have in mind feel free to let me know by posting them.)
Also next girl polls end when I wake up tomorrow so vote while you can.
Update 2/23/2013 Part A
Blue wins by a 'post', so I'm gonna work on her today.
Update 2/22/2013
I got bored of waiting for midnight so I went ahead and made the next girl from who currently had the highest amount of votes.
So here she is, you voted and this is who she was:
First Post!
Here's a new game that I will be working on. I wont release the game's alpha yet because it's just not ready yet.
What to know about the game!
It's going to be a sim dating game (Because honestly when was the last free one of these)
It's going to have 6 girls and I'm still working on them.
What your looking at is the first of the girls that is going to be in the game.

If you have any more questions ask them because I cant give you an answer until you do.
Last edited by bob12321 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 40 times in total.
bob12321

Re: "Vacation"

Postby Knight Cream » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:47 am

Nice! She looks very cute, scientist?
Knight Cream

Postby bob12321 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:06 am

Knight Cream Wrote:Nice! She looks very cute, scientist?

You guessed right
bob12321

Postby Terrantor!!! » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:26 am

I like the art direction. Can't wait to see what this project evolves into.
Terrantor!!!

Postby bob12321 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:01 pm

I will be closing this poll at 12:00 Midnight, Eastern Standard Time. So make sure you vote quickly. Then I'll open up the next poll for the next girl while I work on the winning vote for this poll.
bob12321

Postby Pram » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:35 am

Blue is my favorite color sooooooo let's see where that gets us.
Pram

Postby bob12321 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Pram Wrote:Blue is my favorite color sooooooo let's see where that gets us.

Since you posted first on which one you want to see next, I'm gonna go with the one you want to see.

(Just goes to show that posting helps)
bob12321

Postby BlueLight » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:09 pm

thats red..... *lowers head*
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby bob12321 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:57 am

BlueLight Wrote:thats red..... *lowers head*

What did you have in mind for red?
(And by the way I updated her)
bob12321

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:20 am

so are these girls based of any anime characters? Blonde, orange, and red all look familiar to me. Just curious really and nice to see someone else taking a stab at doing a sim date.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby bob12321 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:08 am

trunks2585 Wrote:so are these girls based of any anime characters? Blonde, orange, and red all look familiar to me. Just curious really and nice to see someone else taking a stab at doing a sim date.

I made them with parts of characters from a character database. So parts of them are from anime's, games, novel, manga's, etc.
bob12321

Postby diedinafire » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:09 am

You can totally divide 2 by 2 and get a whole number....
diedinafire

Postby bob12321 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:50 am

diedinafire Wrote:You can totally divide 2 by 2 and get a whole number....

Yes, but that's not what the question is asking.
bob12321

Postby bob12321 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:49 pm

Update!
bob12321

Postby hawkwing » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:13 am

o_____o the number of times you can divide a number by two depends on the size of the number in question. You did not specify a number....
Iya & Rowr - Programmer
"There'll be an option to disable that! Probably... If we include it..."
hawkwing

Postby fulgartech » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:12 pm

It has been a while but I seem to remember that the question was "How many *ways* can you divide a number by 2 blah, blah, blah" - not how many *times*. The difference is subtle but I can only really think of one way to divide a number by two regardless of the result. But one isn't an option for the answers - which indicates to me that the whole "I'm smart" answer is a trap response and the good response is the "Smart enough" answer.
fulgartech

Postby bob12321 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:54 am

fulgartech Wrote:It has been a while but I seem to remember that the question was "How many *ways* can you divide a number by 2 blah, blah, blah" - not how many *times*. The difference is subtle but I can only really think of one way to divide a number by two regardless of the result. But one isn't an option for the answers - which indicates to me that the whole "I'm smart" answer is a trap response and the good response is the "Smart enough" answer.

Sorry won't say yes or no to these type of questions because if I did then I'd be writing my own walk-through.

Btw updated!
bob12321

Postby bob12321 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Updated!
bob12321

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:23 am

Looking good, intro is pretty quick and to the point, you could probably stretch it out some if you wanted too. I know you already said you are going to add food to the buffet scene. The storm clouds I'd work on personally, maybe make the rain thinner as well.

Personally, I'd change the dialog box colors around some. Like match the text to the girl's hair color as often as possible, I think that's what these games usually end up doing, it makes it easier to associate text color with hair color. And the narrator or the player's box could be the grey one, instead of the scientist girl's box.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby bob12321 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:32 am

trunks2585 Wrote:Looking good, intro is pretty quick and to the point, you could probably stretch it out some if you wanted too. I know you already said you are going to add food to the buffet scene. The storm clouds I'd work on personally, maybe make the rain thinner as well.

Yeah you got me I could have done better with the clouds, so I did.

trunks2585 Wrote:Personally, I'd change the dialog box colors around some. Like match the text to the girl's hair color as often as possible, I think that's what these games usually end up doing, it makes it easier to associate text color with hair color. And the narrator or the player's box could be the grey one, instead of the scientist girl's box.

I would have done the color fonts with hair but that wouldn't work for all of them because some of the backgrounds would blend with the font. Also I have a reason why the colors are the way they are, but it probably won't be seen any time soon since I have to start drawing the scenes to the island first.

Thanks for the post. As usual your brutally honest, and I actually like that you are because you make my games better.
bob12321

Next

Return to Flash Projects