[Project] Un-Named Brothel Sim (12-3-13)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

[Project] Un-Named Brothel Sim (12-3-13)

Postby darkenergy100 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:32 am

:ugeek: Hello all, so i have finally decided to post something worthwhile. XD A year ago, Birdo had this awesome idea for a Sim Brothel in Java. Unfortunately, it won't get past the load screen. He posted his resources before he went offline so I am going to take a stab at remaking the project with a new interface in HTML and JavaScript. I will post the game mechanics next Monday-ish, and go from there. Learning from other people on this website, I wont set too many deadlines :D

Anyways, the main thing that sets this sim apart from others is that you can add your own characters, which I hope to keep implemented. I also want some GIFs in there instead of the stereotypical plain images that most others use. It shouldn't be too hard to code. Off I delve into the land of the horny procrastinator geek!

Oh, and here's some images from the resource pack:

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Download version 0.0.6 Alpha (Lots doesn't work yet... It's mainly just to show the graphics style and get feedback.)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/srzwxb

So like any other brothel sim, this one will focus on three main forms of wealth: money, property (bases/brothels), and the women.

The women will have the following stats:
Will (affects what actions she can take that day - energy)
Skill (more skill = higher pay per customer)
Fame (more fame = more customers will seek character)
Stamina (more stamina = more customers she can take per day)
Refinement (affects probability of "special" tasks, which often pay exceptionally high and give lots of fame)

Each stat will max out at 100

There will also be an underlying campaign for you, centered around breaking bad ties from the past after one of your jobs in the cartels went wrong and you fled to Ottowa (because why not).

Feel free to make suggestions; I havent implemented any of this yet. I'm working on the screens first. And by the way, I chose JavaScript because:
It's relatively easy
It takes shorter periods of time to load than Java
Java applets are going to be deprecated in JRE 7.x
It allows for an easily customizable/changable interface built with HTML, which can also be taken and reused partially for Android
Last edited by darkenergy100 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:58 am, edited 12 times in total.
darkenergy100

Re: [Project] Un-Named Brothel Sim

Postby darkenergy100 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:47 am

Changelog:

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

v.0.0.1 (11-20-13)
First revision! XD
v.0.0.2 (11-21-13)
Gallery Fully Implemented
Started Work on JavaScript for Game.html
Home.html deprecated
/ResourcePack/Data/ deprecated
v.0.0.3 (11-22-13)
Item Codes Implemented in "item code.txt"
Game Mechanics Mapped And Logged in "game mechanics.txt"
MainFrame Added
PurchasedCharactersFrame Added
money Added
Possession vars Added
v.0.0.4 (11-23-13)
PurchasedPropertiesFrame Added
getRandom() Added
Prices Logged in "price list.txt"
Property buy() Functions Added
Character buy() Functions Added
logGirlEvent() Functions Added
Time Functions Added
NotEnoughFundsFrame Added
MapFrame Added
v.0.0.5 (11-24-13)
Not Yet Implemented Screen Added
CharacterActionFrames Added
PropertyFrames Added
v.0.0.6 (12-3-13)
First Shop Screens Added
Stat Addition Function Variations Added
Stat Subtraction Function Variations Added
Stat Codes Implemented in "stat code.txt"
TrainFrame Added
Character and Property Not Yet Owned Frames Added
Last edited by darkenergy100 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
darkenergy100

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:49 am

While you have under 10 posts, editing your main post will cause the thread to disappear from view until a moderator approves the edits. Use the above reserved post to add new information, that way your thread will stay available.

Once you exceed 10 posts, this will no longer affect your thread.

Oh, and one more thing. I'd love it if you'd email Birdo and tell him you're doing this.
Zeus Kabob

Postby darkenergy100 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:12 am

Thanks, and I will! I would continue his project in its native language, but Eclipse refuses to import the code properly.

Birdo does not have a listed email :/
darkenergy100

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:26 am

Birdo has an email, but the forum policy is not to display addresses publicly. I don't recall, but you probably have to get 10 posts to send an email from the site. My mistake. :P
Zeus Kabob

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:40 am

What is it's native language?
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:22 am

Java.
Zeus Kabob

Postby BlueLight » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:36 am

darkenergy100 Wrote:Thanks, and I will! I would continue his project in its native language, but Eclipse refuses to import the code properly.

Birdo does not have a listed email :/

What seems to be the problem? Quite frankly my suggestion if you want to just copy java files is find your project folder, goto the src folder and paste from there from windows. Then go to the project list in eclipse and press f5
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby darkenergy100 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:36 pm

The problem is that Eclipse requires certain Eclipse-generated files to import the project. Since they aren't there, it can't import. I might end up using some of the code on an Android version. I love making android apps. They're so easy and there is a lot of payoff for your work. As a sidenote, I'm done with the main screen and wrote a layout for the mechanics. I'll post it at the top. And of course I wrote the gallery first... I feel rather guilty. XD
darkenergy100

Postby BlueLight » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:13 pm

darkenergy100 Wrote:The problem is that Eclipse requires certain Eclipse-generated files to import the project. Since they aren't there, it can't import.

Um the only file you should need is a project folder which granted is generated by Eclipse.
Then just copy the files over and refresh the file explorer in eclipse as i said. I know this works since not only did i have to recently do it because are teacher gave us a Java file we needed in our program but also because my program generated a file.

If i'm not understanding the problem sorry but from the description that sounds like the problem.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Chocolatnave » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:42 am

I think this is broken, I clicked start, nothing happened.
Chocolatnave

Postby darkenergy100 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:16 pm

What is currently up there is just a jpeg, not the game.
darkenergy100

Postby darkenergy100 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:26 pm

BlueLight Wrote:
darkenergy100 Wrote:The problem is that Eclipse requires certain Eclipse-generated files to import the project. Since they aren't there, it can't import.

Um the only file you should need is a project folder which granted is generated by Eclipse.
Then just copy the files over and refresh the file explorer in eclipse as i said. I know this works since not only did i have to recently do it because are teacher gave us a Java file we needed in our program but also because my program generated a file.

If i'm not understanding the problem sorry but from the description that sounds like the problem.

Sorry, I was mistaken. I did what you said above and it worked, but Eclipse shows no errors in the code. What is happening is he put all of his global variables in one class and for some reason he made a method to declare and instantiate the variables, but he uses that method more than once in other classes. There is also a problem in IO for the pictures but I don't know what is causing it. I'm already kind of committed to the HTML version anyways and i'm already at the same point in development so i think i might get a working game up by the end of thanksgiving.
darkenergy100

Postby Zazzoz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:42 pm

I'm looking forward to it, however I reckon you should put it up on Futanari Palace. You will get a lot more feedback there :).
Zazzoz
Newly Registered

Re: [Project] Un-Named Brothel Sim (12-3-13)

Postby darkenergy100 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:45 am

Okay, so im not even sure if anyone is reading this anymore, but I'm back from my unexpected break from this project and hopefully, I'll get it in Beta soon. I'd say I'm about halfway through with the screens so far. I have everything but the shops and the day-end screen, and then I'll open up a copy that is fully playable. Eventually, I want to replace all the pics with either flash or gifs so if y'all want to start uploading, I stick those in as I get them (replacing takes 2 seconds). So yeah.
darkenergy100

Postby Clairite » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:00 am

Will you be using zip files, or rar files? I don't have any software to deal with rar files.
Clairite

Postby zeldafreak1 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:24 am

Clairite Wrote:Will you be using zip files, or rar files? I don't have any software to deal with rar files.

:?: Why not use Winzip or 7zip? Both are free and work with rar files. Personally I use Winrar but 7zip is a good program too.
zeldafreak1

Return to Creative Corner