[WIP] PyTFall (Ren'Py)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[WIP] PyTFall (Ren'Py)

Postby Xela » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Hello everyone! Introducing an Alpha of our new game!

PyTFall is a new iteration in SimBrothel family coded in Python/Ren'Py script. This release being an Alpha version means that it lacks content, has some placeholders for texts, very limited amount of events, parts of it's functionality disabled and many of the planned features have not been implemented at all but the game should be playable none the less.

Image Image Image

It will work with all unique WhoreMaster and WhoreMaster Crazy Mod packs (.girlsx files) @ limited functionality. The download consists of the game that should run on Windows, Linux and Mac (however playability on the last two OSs has not been tested for some time), 15 native random girls, 24 native unique girls (from Naruto, One Piece and Touhou) and 8 unique girls from Bleach (WhoreMaster Crazy Mod).

Password to archive: pytfall

Torrent: (Someone has set this up for us, maybe it will work out...)

torrent

(Old torrent restored)

Download Links (Mega):
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Enjoy :)

Latest patch: library

Find a folder game/library, delete or replace with content of library from the patch download!

*Items do not "Disappear". Just reapply the filter!
**Was unable to find any reason for faulty stats, prolly a faulty report.

Stuff fixed from the Alpha download (Updated 31.03.2014):

- Arena combat is now more lucrative
- Arena Mob-Choice crash is fixed
- Erroneous taxes reporting is fixed
- Game should no longer crash on missing traits
- Missing traits will report a warning to devlog
- General shop will have more gold and reset the amount of gold on daily basis
- AutoRest should now be a lot smarter and not waste any valuable AP
- Number of spell/grammar mistakes is fixed
- Hotkeys tryout:
* a = Arena
* c = Beach Cafe
* g = General Store
* m = Mainscreen
- When loading girls from their respective folders, game will now check for foreign OS files such as DStore,
that may not fix the issue everywhere but at least this should get rid of the reported one (Mac OS fail after player has looked into girls folders)
- Temporary fix for gamecrash on one of the high level mobs on misnamed attack should now be intercepted in code until we fix it in json
- Increased image cache is for now disabled, may have been causing some issues
- Next day button added to next day screen
- RMB has been activated at more places
- MC will next day recovery is now tied into remaining AP. Will go a LOT faster if enough AP remain at the end of the day.
- Fixed Taxes Bug (Income taxes calculated from day 1 instead of last week)
- Fixed Crash bug (Going to MC profile screen after working in SlaveMarket or Arena)
- Service girls not cleaning the brothel without stripclub or bar is fixed
- Advertisers doing a better job while not getting paid is fixed
- Function of X button on the top screen is now also bound to Right Mouse Button (you can clikc rmb to return to previous screns if allowed)
- MS (Return to Main screen button added)
- Small buttons in town/main screen are now a bit larger
- Putting up sign even with insufficient money to do so is no longer possible
- Buffing up MC in his setup screen exploit is gone
- Bug preventing girls to work as prostitutes under very specific conditions with more than one brothel in the game is gone

(Our dev forum: link for extra packs and info)
Last edited by Xela on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Re: [WIP] PyTFall (Ren'Py)

Postby Sivertop » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:39 pm

would like to test it...but before i download it from the parts is there any svn or torrent? would be n1
Sivertop

Postby Xela » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:44 am

Sivertop Wrote:would like to test it...but before i download it from the parts is there any svn or torrent? would be n1

I am afraid that I cannot do torrent from behind two routers one of which I do not have an access to :( Game at our mercurial repo is not exactly in the playable format :(

There is a very small chance of someone connecting with a torrent and after that game should just upload but that's never a guaranty with the two router setup so I didn't bother :(
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Sivertop » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:00 pm

after all i downloaded it and need to say its awesome for an alpha :P

but i have my problems right now to get money but thats my own fault did some shit at beginning :D

hope u dont give up that project this has quite really much potential.

by the way do u have an blog or an website where i can see the newest updates in future?
Sivertop

Postby riddlebox1321 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Tested successful on linux Ubuntu 12.04. Doesn't work on wine so you'll have to run it through the terminal. To do this you must first download Renpy 6.17 or newer and download Xela's PyTFall game part's and extract them into the renpy main folder. Then once downloaded run the shell script inside the renpy main folder which should look like 'renpy.sh' and it should ask for your next action, select 'run in terminal' if successful the renpy mainscreen should pop up and Xela's alpha will be listed under projects.
Last edited by riddlebox1321 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My latest side projects: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Xg68C9gNthZnZZNHFOWVBkbDg&usp=sharing
An inactive member of the Sim Brothel development board, still stop by when you're ... bored.
http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/
riddlebox1321

Postby Xela » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:51 pm

Thanks for the guide.

riddlebox1321 Wrote:Renpy 6.16.5

The game will not launch on any Ren'Py version below 6.17.x as it uses script syntax that didn't exist in previous versions.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby livingforever » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:45 pm

Hey guys!
Glad you finally have a playable version up, I've been waiting for this for quite a while.

First things first: You might want to post a link to the official development board for those that are interested. Also, I created a torrent for you (not sure if this is actually allowed, feel free to complain)! I should have enough bandwidth to supply a few guys (please not all at once).

Now, since you posted here, I assume you don't mind feedback (or do you prefer having it on the official board?).
The first thing I noticed are the transitions between different screens, they feel way too slow for me. I prefer fast responding UIs, so I'd like to have an option to speed them up or disable them entirely. Other than that, the interface looks ok, although I think that the main menu buttons and the top bar don't really match the style of the rest. And that ultra low framerate spinning coin is bugging me. Seriously. A button in the top bar to return to the home screen would also be nice.
On a side note, it is slightly annoying that the music gets cut off so often, I think it should be more consistent (or at least fading in and out).
The wage percentage seems a little unintuitive, why not just have a wage slider (with absolute values, not percentages)? Also, some girls go "Sleeping Beauty" after auto resting. They need to be woken up manually, but I can't reproduce the issue yet. By the way, what is the purpose of the gallery? If I just want an image slideshow I could simply open the images from the folder...

Have fun and keep up the good work!
livingforever
Newly Registered

Postby Xela » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:24 pm

livingforever Wrote:Hey guys!
Glad you finally have a playable version up, I've been waiting for this for quite a while.

First things first: You might want to post a link to the official development board for those that are interested. Also, I created a torrent for you (not sure if this is actually allowed, feel free to complain)! I should have enough bandwidth to supply a few guys (please not all at once).

Awesome, maybe a bit premature, we should clear all the alpha bugs first! I cannot start a torrent myself as I am behind two routers scenario but I can seed with some people around if someone else sets one up!

livingforever Wrote:Hey guys!
Now, since you posted here, I assume you don't mind feedback (or do you prefer having it on the official board?).
The first thing I noticed are the transitions between different screens, they feel way too slow for me. I prefer fast responding UIs, so I'd like to have an option to speed them up or disable them entirely. Other than that, the interface looks ok, although I think that the main menu buttons and the top bar don't really match the style of the rest. And that ultra low framerate spinning coin is bugging me. Seriously. A button in the top bar to return to the home screen would also be nice.

It's not going to be easy disabling some transitions, especially for the Alpha (bunch if annoying if forks all over the code I expect). Option to disable them entirely exists in the options menu. We are not good with styles... :( Spinning coin is easy to fix (you can actually find the folder in content\gfx\animations\coin_top and change that to content\gfx\animations\coin_top 0.1). A button has already been requested.

livingforever Wrote:On a side note, it is slightly annoying that the music gets cut off so often, I think it should be more consistent (or at least fading in and out).
The wage percentage seems a little unintuitive, why not just have a wage slider (with absolute values, not percentages)? Also, some girls go "Sleeping Beauty" after auto resting. They need to be woken up manually, but I can't reproduce the issue yet. By the way, what is the purpose of the gallery? If I just want an image slideshow I could simply open the images from the folder...

I've tried music fading in/out, seemed even worse... Wages will have to wait for code review. Never encountered the "Sleeping Beauty" thing. Gallery is a popular feature in WM. Also it is a good place to review how images are tagged inside of the game and for few people who enjoy stuff like that, do a jigsaw puzzle. SlideShow is also transitioned, you'd prolly require some form of software to mimic the effects.

So far two bugs have been reported, one being very serious with taxes making the game almost unplayable. I'll try to clear that tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby WonderGamer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:28 am

Torrent may not have been that good of an idea, you'll want to get some trackers on it. One peer at 0% when I tried to download it.

Regarding the download in parts, part 3 keeps freezing at 99%. Not sure if that part is corrupt or not, but I can't finish downloading it.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby BlueLight » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:40 am

WonderGamer Wrote:Torrent may not have been that good of an idea, you'll want to get some trackers on it. One peer at 0% when I tried to download it.

Regarding the download in parts, part 3 keeps freezing at 99%. Not sure if that part is corrupt or not, but I can't finish downloading it.

It's the site. Are you using Fire fox? The only solution is download the plug in and/or switch to chrome. I hate chrome. -_-
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Xela » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:30 am

People have reported that trouble with mega goes away once cookies are cleared in FireFox!

BTW: There is a patch in the front post fixing worst errors. There is prolly going to be another one tonight fixing a number of exploits and introducing some gui changes players requested.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Sivertop » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:48 am

can u write ur updates in ur first post? also only the newest updates so we know whats fixed...

and by the way can u post ur dev website would be really nice.

thanks again for the game played it now 9 hours in a row just because of low money -.- its realy hard to get it

*edit* forgot to say...is it possible that ur equipment with defence and such things makes no difference? i just tested it in arena i was fighting against goblin horde without euqipment (just my sword) and than with all of my equipment with pretty much defence and they did the same dmg on me like i had no defence..
Sivertop

Postby Xela » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:47 pm

Sivertop Wrote:can u write ur updates in ur first post? also only the newest updates so we know whats fixed...

Right, I'll do that starting with the next update. For now the game breaking issues have been fixing, next patch will add the most requested functionality and

Sivertop"and by the way can u post ur dev website would be really nice.
[/quote]

I'll add that to the front post as well. You can click the Help button in the main menu.

[quote="Sivertop Wrote:
thanks again for the game played it now 9 hours in a row just because of low money -.- its realy hard to get it

You're welcome and the game doesn't crash much then :)

I think that the best way to make money right now is to get to the level where you can send a girl (prostitute) to school, make sure that she gets decent stats and XP, rank her up a bit (higher ranks can really send her income over the roof but her upkeep will increase as well). She'll make a lot more cash then. I didn't have the time for a lengthy play yet myself (not since we've made the game harder to play and added taxes I mean). Before that most of our team members managed to get 10 000 000+ Gold by day 1200, at that time the only thing remaining to do in the game was training MC to beat everyone in the Arena (that might take a bit longer, especially since there is no way to pay 1000 gold per trainer in the early game).

Sivertop Wrote:*edit* forgot to say...is it possible that ur equipment with defence and such things makes no difference? i just tested it in arena i was fighting against goblin horde without euqipment (just my sword) and than with all of my equipment with pretty much defence and they did the same dmg on me like i had no defence..

No, it just might not matter much. The trouble is that item were designed some time ago. Also the best items in the game will work a LOT better on MC with a high level. Basically as you and your girls are getting stronger, expensive items and girl's traits will matter more and more. At level one, your maximum stats are capped by your level maximum (can only be raised by leveling up). On higher levels you stats are capped by the a different layer of maximum that can be raised by items.

System is not too complicated, lets say:

Max = 100 <-- Can be increased with items
Level Max = 65 <-- Cannot be increased with items

Each level you get Max + 2 and Level Max + 5. As you can imagine, at higher levels, you Level Max will be a lot higher than your Max so it would not matter anymore. And best items in the game that not just give bonus to your stats like any item but ALSO raise the maximum of your stat will take their full effect.

That doesn't extend to health. Equipping 3 health rings will raise your maximum health even at level one.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Sivertop » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:17 pm

ah thanks for ur informations ^^
helped me a bit :P
after that hours i just had around 90k money (most is lost now because of taxes and new house and healing potions). But most time i did arena (chainfights)

about the rank up i just did it once and than that girl started to be a "pain in the ass" i mean after i ranked her up she always want to leave, after this i can get her back next day and she will leave again so it continues without end..
i have really no idea why first i was thinking its because of her joy (she had 10/100) but managed to get it on 80/100 and makes no difference she just want to get away from me x) really i have no idea what to do..
thats why i dont want to rank up my other girls because i dont want it to happen on them too..

wish u much fun and luck for the game..i have my fun :)
Sivertop

Postby Xela » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Sivertop Wrote:about the rank up i just did it once and than that girl started to be a "pain in the ass" i mean after i ranked her up she always want to leave, after this i can get her back next day and she will leave again so it continues without end..

I'll try to take a look at it as well. It's not normal if you fixed her joy and since you can get her back, disposition isn't a problem either.

Sivertop Wrote:i have really no idea why first i was thinking its because of her joy (she had 10/100) but managed to get it on 80/100 and makes no difference she just want to get away from me x) really i have no idea what to do..

It's prolly that. Actually she will not leave you unless her joy is low for a good number of days in the row. But like stated above, it's odd that making sure that she's happy didn't improve the situation.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Sivertop » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:04 pm

now she dont leave anymore..

after she leaved me i just let her be and i think 2-3 days later i got her back and now there are no problems anymore
Sivertop

Postby WonderGamer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:44 pm

BlueLight Wrote:It's the site. Are you using Fire fox? The only solution is download the plug in and/or switch to chrome. I hate chrome. -_-

I was afraid of that... I was trying to avoid installing unneeded plugins, but seems I don't have a choice... I guess I can always disable the plugin afterwards... >.<
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Elsa » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:01 pm

It looks good so far! I like that time was spent on the User Interface, to pretty it up a lot more than previous iteration of brothel games have done.
Elsa

Postby Xela » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:14 pm

New patch in the front post. Mostly fixes small bugs and adds functionality.
Like what we're doing?
Xela

Postby Kuja22 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:18 am

Hi looking forward to this. Tired to download its asking for a password.
Kuja22
Newly Registered

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects