Another Tail ( News Update April 10, 2014 )

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Another Tail

Postby demi » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:37 am

Not that Katsuo's version isn't great, but I really like this original Krystal.

Keep up the good work!
demi

Postby Spectre » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:03 am

Whoa. Battles, RPG style. I like where this is going.
Yeah, the only issue with the model is the face. The rest is just....perfect. Really good job.
And the intro...man, i really smiled when Super Metroid's tune kicked in. Hell of a job.
Spectre

Postby Reaver » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:26 am

1st Chapter looks really good, not really crazy about the fighting thing more in it for the sex :D but every man to there own
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby Blurgh » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:50 pm

I honestly really like the way her trunk was originally developed, though the placement of her arms and their size makes her seem a bit lanky.
Blurgh
Newly Registered

Postby AnotherArrow » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:17 pm

(Moved Image to front page)

Dammit, I can't decide... i like Ver 1a and 2a...

So I worked more on the face... referenced a ton of different images of Comets to come up with version 2. Felt the ears were to short and round, so made version 2a. Still needs some fine tuning.. but i'll get back to that later.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Last edited by AnotherArrow on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
AnotherArrow

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:26 pm

I, who am not an artist at all, like version 2 best of them all.

That's not even me saying it's the most accurate compared to other versions of Krystal.

I'm just saying I like it best of them all.

[EDIT: On another look, on another day, the version 2 heads really don't seem to fit at all. Good thing it isn't actually a Poll, but if it was, I'd have changed my vote to 1a.]
Last edited by Lucky777 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lucky777

Postby Bang It Up! » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:06 pm

AnotherArrow Wrote:
Test.swf

Dammit, I can't decide... i like Ver 1a and 2a...

So I worked more on the face... referenced a ton of different images of Comets to come up with version 2. Felt the ears were to short and round, so made version 2a. Still needs some fine tuning.. but i'll get back to that later.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Original w/muzzle Version 1a model looks better out of them all to me, but... maybe you could make the muzzle look longer (the muzzle design shouldn't be changed, just the length) like the one on Muzzle Version 2a?
And...
On Muzzle Version 2a model, maybe... you could make the muzzle look shorter (the muzzle design shouldn't be changed, just the length) like the one on Original w/muzzle Version 1a?
For both of them I would like you to keep the Original w/muzzle Version 1a model's hair/head.

Let's just say it's kind of more experimenting to see 2 more models, if you could kindly do it that is.
バレット・ウォーレス

THE SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR (FLASH) PROBLEMS:
Code: Select All Code
E = mc²
Bang It Up!

Postby SamusRaper » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:15 pm

I vote for version 1a
SamusRaper

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:56 pm

2a, probably but at the moment it doesn't 'fit' the body. Those ears are far more preferable.
Maybe pull the head down ever so slightly or slim the head.
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby FMC » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:26 am

Out of all of them, I'd say 1a is the best. I like the half-anime anthro-like look. Then again, I'm a huge anime fan. The 'Version 2' and 'Version 2a' just look a bit weird to me.

And you did keep one thing similar: Krystal always seems to have big breasts. I like the character, I just don't like big breasts. Though, so far, I haven't hated a game simply because of that reason, so keep at it. ^.^
FMC

Postby Surskit » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:09 am

They're all a bit off. But if I had to choose the best of them I'd say 2. I'm not much one for anthro, but the anime look isn't working. You just need to make a better neck or head-neck transition. I just kinda covered it up with my thumb to see which I liked most.
Disclaimer: Should I ever choose to give criticism on anything, give it an hour- I will undoubtedly change the message several times before then.
Surskit

Postby Spectre » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:39 am

I liked version 2, but her expression is weirding me out...like she's thinking "i will kill you and feel nothing".
Spectre

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:41 am

I'm pretty much with Bang It up! on this one. I'd say 1a is the best but if you played around with extending the muzzle out a bit it might seal the deal. Overall I like the original and 1a's over all head shape, I'm not really a fan of the extra spacing of the eyes or the wider head. Also just as an alternative reference here's alvin earthworms krystal gallery if you want another source, most of his krystal images are more of the 'anime' variety.

http://alvin-earthworm.deviantart.com/gallery/149489
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby PatchPirate » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:51 am

Honestly, she's too scrawny and not fox-ey looking enough. Nice boobs tho.
PatchPirate

Postby Outonbail » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:00 am

Version 2a wins.
Outonbail

Postby AnotherArrow » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:12 am

Moved the image to the front page, and added a version 1b... which is a mix of version 1 with version 2.

I made version 2 head 15% bigger on the body... i think it looks better... it just might be the position... don't know... I'll keep tweaking things. but definitely keep the comments coming.
I want to come to a... um... well... i want to move on to animating shit, but I'm indecisive about the head...

good thing to note, is i can recolor the other heads and maybe use them for other characters :D and in the future, maybe go back and give the option to have make Krystal more human or animal.
AnotherArrow

Postby Bang It Up! » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:21 am

AnotherArrow Wrote:
Test.swf

Ok, after reading some suggestions i did a little more tweaking....

Hmm... now that you've changed them a little bit, it's hard to choose. Original w/muzzle Version 1a model & Original w/muzzle Version 1b model looks nice to me... but if you wanna go with more of a human-like look then I'll say Original w/muzzle Version 1a model suits it, but if you wanna go with more of an animal-like look it'll be Original w/muzzle Version 1b model. Pretty much to me either one of those 2 mentioned will do and then again there're others which like other model features, so... maybe put up a voting poll?
バレット・ウォーレス

E = mc²
Bang It Up!

Postby AnotherArrow » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:44 am

Reread you comment Bang, and added a 1c... moving the muzzle out a little more... matching 1b's length.

* i had a comment about making a poll but lost my train of thought. it was good. trust me... but I just don't feel like it... and a poll would have to run for a couple of weeks to get a good result of the users here. Not just a few days. My goal is to hopefully develop one that I am comfortable with. Screw you guys... its all about me :twisted: !... but... I'm indecisive, so I need your help... :oops:

your comments let me look at it from a different perspective and think about it... if i didn't do that, you guys would have been stuck with the original version 1... this all means you can blame Katsu for making me think about my model :twisted: <3

@Trunks, Ya, i've seen all those.
AnotherArrow

Postby Bang It Up! » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:54 pm

AnotherArrow Wrote:Reread you comment Bang, and added a 1c... moving the muzzle out a little more... matching 1b's length.

Did you tried the 2nd one?
Bang It Up! Wrote:Original w/muzzle Version 1a model looks better out of them all to me, but... maybe you could make the muzzle look longer (the muzzle design shouldn't be changed, just the length) like the one on Muzzle Version 2a?
And...
On Muzzle Version 2a model, maybe... you could make the muzzle look shorter (the muzzle design shouldn't be changed, just the length) like the one on Original w/muzzle Version 1a?
For both of them I would like you to keep the Original w/muzzle Version 1a model's hair/head.

Let's just say it's kind of more experimenting to see 2 more models, if you could kindly do it that is.
バレット・ウォーレス

E = mc²
Bang It Up!

Postby AnotherArrow » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Bang It Up! Wrote:Did you tried the 2nd one?

Yes, it doesn't work... @ least in my mind. If anything, the muzzle probably should be longer... but then i feel its still too awkward.

After sleeping on it, I'm leaning more toward ver 1b... it mixes the best of both... the head shape of version 1 with the muzzle of version 2.

I'll still keep nitpicking at it...
AnotherArrow

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner